Green Recognition for Offices & Workspaces
The mission of the Green Recognition of Offices and Workspaces (GROW) at the University of Florida is to encourage and promote sustainable practices among university faculty and staff. The program supports and promotes offices that are taking steps toward reducing their environmental footprint.
What is an Office?
What is the Process?
Step 1: Commit
- Ensure that your leadership will approve time required for the GROW program. We estimate time to be less than 5 minutes per person for the application, a 1-hour site visit, and a follow-up 30 minute meeting to review our recommendations
- Ensure that you have the support of a majority of your colleagues. The most successful offices are ones that have buy-in from as many employees as possible. It’s not a requirement for every individual to be part of the program, but we strongly encourage as much participation as possible.
- Choose a lead coordinator for your office to complete this initial survey and to be our main point of contact for coordinating the walk-through and interview.
Step 2: Assess
- Once the initial survey is completed, we will send a link to a survey to everyone in the office to complete
- The lead coordinator will be responsible for working with the Office of Sustainability to schedule a time for both the interview/site visit and follow-up meeting.
Step 3: Implement
- After the interview and site visit, we will provide your office with a report that includes your level of certification and suggestions for how your office can address any sustainability challenges, or how your office can work to become an even more efficient and green workspace.
Certified GROW Offices:
|Office/Workspace||Certification Level||Date of Certification|
|Physical Plant Division (now Facilities Services) Grounds Administration||Silver||November 2015|
|Student Legal Services||Silver||December 2016|
|J. Wayne Reitz Union Administration Office||Bronze||February 2017|
|Procurement Services||Gold||December 2017|
|Southwest Recreational Center (SWRC) Office||Bronze||March 2018|
|Office of General Counsel||Certified||June 2018|
|Business Affairs Technical Services||Silver||July 2018|
|O'Connell Center Administrative Offices||Silver||July 2018|
|Counseling & Wellness Center||Silver||August 2018|
|FLMNH - Powell Hall||Bronze||August 2018|
|Mail & Document Services||Bronze||August 2018|
|School of Art & Art History Administrative Office||Silver||August 2018|
|School of Architecture Administrative Office||Bronze||August 2018|
|Multicultural & Diversity Affairs||Bronze||August 2018|
|Academic Advising||Certified||September 2018|
|Center for Outdoor Recreation and Education (CORE)||Bronze||September 2018|
|Office for the VP of Student Affairs||Bronze||September 2018|
|Dean of Journalism Office||Certified||November 2018|
|Office for the Center for Public Issues Education||Bronze||November 2018|
|Innovation Academy||Bronze||February 2019|
|RecSports Marketing||Bronze||March 2019|