Communications & Outreach Internship
The UF Office of Sustainability is now seeking applicants for a paid internship to join the Communications and Outreach intern team. This internship will involve working with the Design & Marketing Assistant, as well as other Office of Sustainability interns and staff, to implement campaigns and projects that improve the reach and engagement of sustainability-related programs at UF.
This internship is designed to build upon current skills and provide opportunities for further development. The Office of Sustainability is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where we are able to learn from each other. Successful applicants will have demonstrated strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills as well as an ability to work within a team.
This internship will primarily focus on:
- Assist in planning & facilitating outreach events and volunteer opportunities.
- Co-create content for the Office of Sustainability website, social media platforms, and e-newsletter.
- Assist with other communications projects as needed.
- Experience coordinating events for outreach or volunteers.
- Experience writing for print or online media platforms, including social media.
- Basic familiarity with Canva or Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) or equivalent editing software.
- Demonstrate a clear ability to manage time and communicate effectively in order to collaborate within a team and meet project deadlines.
- Enrolled at UF for at least 6 credit hours per semester* for the duration of the internship.
- Have completed at least 1 semester at UF.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher).
Interns will be expected to commit 8-10 hours per week to their position with the Office of Sustainability. Expected pay rate is $12 per hour.
The internship will run through the end of the fall 2022 semester with an option to renew for spring and summer 2023. Interns can expect a hybrid work arrangement. At this time, this internship is expected to be facilitated primarily via video-conferencing, e-mail, phone, and messaging services. However, interns will have synchronous meetings and work sessions and should also expect to participate in in-person events.
Please submit your application by September 5. Interviews will be conducted virtually via phone or zoom. The application will ask for the following:
- A resume and cover letter with a detailed list of your experience
- At least two examples of any combination of the following:
- Short narrative(s) describing previous outreach/event coordination work.
- Writing, visual design, or equivalent sample(s). (May include class assignments, published news articles, blog posts, etc,.)
Candidates that do not include all required materials listed above will not be considered.