*The application window has passed for this position. Information will be updated when we are hiring again!*
The UF Office of Sustainability is now seeking applicants for a paid internship to join the Communications intern team. This internship will involve working with the Design & Marketing Assistant, as well as other Office of Sustainability interns and staff, to implement campaigns and projects that improve the reach and engagement of sustainability-related programs at UF.
This internship is designed to build upon current skills and provide opportunities for further development. The Office of Sustainability is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where we are able to learn from each other. Successful applicants will have demonstrated strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills and an ability to work within a team.
This internship will primarily focus on:
- Co-create written and visual content for the Office of Sustainability website, social media platforms, and e-newsletter.
- Assist with other communications projects as needed.
- Experience writing for print or online media platforms, including social media.
- Basic familiarity with Canva or Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) or equivalent editing software.
- Demonstrate a clear ability to manage time and communicate effectively in order to collaborate within a team and meet project deadlines.
- Interest and commitment to sustainability and community engagement.
- Enrolled at UF for at least 6 credit hours per semester for the duration of the internship.
- Have completed at least 1 semester at UF.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher).
- Available at least 10 hours per week.
- High level of initiative and independence, eager to learn.
Interns will be expected to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week to their position with the Office of Sustainability. Expected pay rate is $12 per hour.
The internship will run through the end of the fall 2023 semester with an option to renew for spring and summer 2024 based on performance. Interns can expect a hybrid work arrangement with some in-person meetings and work sessions on campus combined with some remote work.
Please submit your application by September 5. Select candidates will be contacted via email to complete a sample task prior to advancing to the interview stage soon after the deadline. Interviews will be conducted virtually via Zoom. The application will ask for the following:
- A resume and cover letter with a detailed list of your experience
- At least two examples of any combination of the following:
- Writing, visual design, or equivalent sample(s). (May include class assignments, published news articles, blog posts, social media links, etc,.)
- Alternatively, you may choose to write a short narrative(s) describing previous outreach/event coordination or other relevant work to convey your skills and applicable experience.
Candidates that do not include all required materials listed above will not be considered.