Communications & Outreach Internship
Note: Applications are now closed. Our office will follow up regarding your application after April 19th. Interviews will be conducted virtually via phone or zoom.
The UF Office of Sustainability is now seeking applicants for a paid internship to join the Communications and Outreach intern team. This internship will involve working with the Sustainability Communications Coordinator, as well as other Office of Sustainability interns, to implement campaigns and projects that improve the reach and engagement of sustainability-related programs at UF.
This internship is designed to build upon current skills and provide opportunities for further development. The Office of Sustainability is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where we are able to learn from each other. Successful applicants will have demonstrated strong written, verbal and visual communication skills as well as an ability to work within a team.
- Create visual and written content for the Office of Sustainability website, social media platforms and e-newsletter
- Collaborate with team to manage social media content, engagement and growth
- Learn best practices for improving reach and engagement on online channels
- Assist in planning & facilitating outreach events and volunteer opportunities (currently online)
- Develop proficiency with programs including photo/video editing software and WordPress
- Assist with other communications projects as needed
- Experience writing for print or online media platforms, including social media
- Experience coordinating events for outreach or volunteers
- Basic familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) or equivalent editing software
- Basic familiarity with WordPress or similar content management systems
- Enrolled at UF for at least 6 credit hours per semester* for duration of internship
- Have completed at least 2 semesters at UF
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher)
*For Summer semester, this means at least 6 credit hours in either Summer A, B or C.
Interns will be expected to commit up to 10 hours per week to their position with the Office of Sustainability. The internship will run through the end of the fall 2021 semester with an option to renew for spring 2022. At this time, this internship is expected to be facilitated primarily via video-conferencing, e-mail, phone and messaging services.
Please submit your application by April 18, 2021. Interviews will be conducted virtually via phone or zoom. The application will ask for the following:
- A resume and cover letter with a detailed list of your experience
- At least two writing, visual design, or equivalent outreach samples that showcase your work (may include class assignments, published news articles, blog posts, etc.)
Candidates that do not include all required materials listed above will not be considered.