Collection Day is your one-stop drop-off event for unwanted items at the end of the semester! This event makes it quick and convenient to drop off unwanted household items, clothing, hazardous waste, old or broken electronics, furniture, appliances, school supplies, and non-perishable food items.
Usable items will be donated for use in the community, and damaged goods, hazardous waste, and electronic equipment will be recycled or disposed of safely and responsibly by our partnering organizations. Last year, food donations were be donated to the campus Field & Fork pantry, and clothing, furniture, and household items were given to Habitat for Humanity. Partners vary by year and can be found below. Collection Day is open to all students, faculty, and staff.
Household Items/Miscellaneous Supplies
- Small appliances/electronics (in working condition)
- Working tools
- Misc. household items and decor
- NOTE: No mattresses/box springs, please.
Gently Used ClothingTo benefit UF HealthStreet. The following items are of high need:
- Men’s clothing (all sizes)
- Plus-size women’s clothing
- Adult Shoes or Flip-flops
- Socks, Belts, Jackets, Sweaters (all sizes)
- NOTE: No intimates, swimwear, medical equipment or toys, please.
Non-Perishable Food DonationsTo benefit the UF Field & Fork Pantry. The following items are of high need:
- Grains (pasta, popcorn, rice, cereal, etc.)
- Proteins (peanut butter, canned tuna/chicken, beans, etc.)
School/Office SuppliesTo benefit Alachua County Tools for Schools:
- Glue/Glue sticks
- Paper (all kinds)
- Rubber bands & paper clips
- NOTE: No binders, please.
NEW! Personal or Business Documents for Secure Shredding
- Personal paperwork, documents, mail, etc.
- Office paperwork and documents (Please be sure to adhere to all UF document retention policies)
Personal* Household Hazardous or Electronic WasteThese items will be taken to the Alachua County Hazardous Waste Collection Center for proper recycling or disposal:
- Automotive fluids
- Household chemicals
- Cooking oil
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Car batteries
- Old or broken electronics (TVs, computers, speakers, VCRs/CD players, cell phones, etc.)
- WE CANNOT ACCEPT: Tires, trash or recyclables, scrap metal/construction debris, Styrofoam packaging.
University-owned Assets & IT Equipment in small quantities:
- Approved survey paperwork is still required for any “attractive” item with a decal, so please bring it with you!
- Anything without a decal (furniture and peripherals) may be dropped off without a form.
- NOTE: Large quantities of items should be taken directly to the Surplus Warehouse.