Interview Request Process
Thank you for your interest in the Office of Sustainability. We ask that you review the following guidelines completely before contacting the office for an interview request:
If you are a student reporter and would like to speak with someone from the UF Office of Sustainability, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview. You may be asked to provide your story topic and questions in advance of the interview. All interview requests must be made through this process. Please do not contact other staff members to request an interview.
While we are glad that you follow our social media accounts, we ask that you please refrain from messaging our pages to request interviews. As noted above, please e-mail email@example.com for any interview requests.
Same-day interview requests & walk-ins:
Our office staff rarely have the time and availability to grant same-day interview requests, and walk-ins will be instructed to follow the above procedure. Please plan in advance and anticipate contacting us with at least 2 business days’ notice before your anticipated interview. We ask that you please refrain from coming to the office unannounced and asking for an immediate interview.
Preparing for your interview:
Office of Sustainability staff will do their best to accommodate students in order to encourage growth and development in their area of study, as well as educate them on our efforts and programs to further promote sustainability across campus. Please look over the following guidelines to make sure that you are getting the most out of your interview time with us:
- Please e-mail to schedule your interview at least 2 business days before you are anticipating a meeting time. Please arrive on time and come prepared.
- To ensure that we are well prepared for the interview, we request as much lead time as possible. Therefore, in most cases we will not be able to schedule the interview for the same day.
- Please explain what the story is about and/or the topic of the article when you contact us. This information is essential so that you will be scheduled with the proper person.
- Please be prepared to e-mail your interview questions in advance.
- We recommend checking in at least 5 minutes before the time your interview is scheduled or call in advance if you need to cancel the appointment.
- Due to limited staff availability, missed appointments can only be re-scheduled once.
Thank you for your interest in Sustainability at UF. We look forward to talking with you!