Outreach & Communications Internship
The Office of Sustainability is seeking applicants for a paid internship focusing on Outreach & Communications. Interns will: serve as ambassadors for the Office of Sustainability at various events and programs; develop creative media content (videos, photos, articles, etc.); create material for and/or update the Office of Sustainability website, social media platforms, and e-newsletter; create marketing materials for events, campaigns and other programs as needed; manage the Sustainable Event Certification program; and serve as sustainability liaisons with various student organizations across campus. Preference will be given to students who have at least two semesters left at UF.
Key responsibilities include:
- Representing the Office of Sustainability at various campus events and functions
- Creating content (such as articles, videos, graphics, etc.) for the website, social media, e-newsletters, etc.
- Managing social media accounts
- Developing marketing materials for programs and events
- Managing the Sustainable Event Certification program
- Developing sustainability-related activities, games and education programs
- Assisting with event planning and other outreach and engagement initiatives
- Serving as sustainability liaisons to student organizations across campus
- Assisting with other duties as needed
Required skills and qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: volunteer management, Journalism/PR/Marketing/Advertising, video production/editing, social media, graphic design, event planning/coordination, sustainability/environmental issues.
- In good academic standing
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Experience coordinating volunteers
- Experience with event planning
- Experience with social media, graphic design, video production/editing, photography, marketing, PR, or journalism/advertising
- Previous experience volunteering with Sustainable UF preferred (Sustainability Hut, TailGator Gameday Recycling Program, Stadium Zero Waste Team, etc.)
- Strong interest in sustainability-related topics
Interns will be expected to commit an average of ten hours per week with the Office of Sustainability. The internship will run through Fall 2019 with the option to renew for Spring 2020. Please send a resume along with a cover letter and at least two examples of work that showcase your skill set to email@example.com. (Work examples can include items such as: writing samples/articles, graphic design projects, photography projects, summary of event planning or volunteer management experience, summary/examples of social media campaigns or content created for an organization or class project, a proposal for a sustainability campaign or educational program that you would like to see implemented by the intern team, summary of leadership involvement with a club or organizations, etc.)
Candidates that do not include all required materials listed above will not be considered.