Carbon Neutral Commuter
Ready to become a Carbon-Neutral Commuter?
Great! Follow the easy steps below to become the newest member of the Neutral UF Coalition!
How to Enroll in the Voluntary Commuting Carbon Offset Payroll Deduction Program:
Step 1: Login to myUFL
Step 2: Navigate to Voluntary Deductions section
- Click Main Menu –> My Self Service –> Payroll and Compensation –> Voluntary Deductions
Step 3: Add a new deduction
- Click the yellow “Add Deduction” button
Step 4: Fill out the deduction enrollment form
- “Type of Deduction”: click the down arrow and select “Commuting Emissions Mitigation”
- “Enter Amount to be deducted each pay cycle”: choose the dollar amount from each pay check that you would like to be applied toward the emissions mitigation. $1.00 per pay check ($26/year) completely offsets the average UF employee’s commute. You may choose to apply more or less toward the carbon offset – there is no upper or lower limit.
- “Enter Deduction Start Date”: click the little calendar icon to the right of the text box and select the date on which you would like the deduction to start. The deduction will be applied to the paycheck following the date you choose. If you would like the deduction to start immediately, click “Current Date” at the bottom of the calendar.
- “Enter Deduction Stop Date”: leave this blank if you would like the deduction to continue to continue indefinitely (you can manually stop the deduction at any time). If you would like to enroll in the deduction for only 9 months or 12 months, choose a stop date that corresponds to that time period (you can manually start the deduction again at any time).
Step 5a: Modifying the deduction
- Once you have enrolled in the Voluntary Commuting Emissions Mitigation deduction, you can modify or stop it at any time.
- Simply navigate to the Voluntary Deductions page you visited to enroll (Main Menu –> My Self Service –> Payroll and Compensation –> Voluntary Deductions), and click the yellow “Edit” button to the right of the Commuting Emissions Mitigation deduction
Step 5b: Modifying the deduction
- From this page, you can change or stop the deduction
- To change the amount that is deducted each pay cycle, simply type a new amount in the “Enter Amount to be deducted each pay cycle” box and click the yellow “Submit” button
- To stop the deduction, simply click on the calendar icon next to “Enter Deduction Stop Date,” select the date on which you would like the deduction to stop, and click the yellow “Submit” button. The deduction will stop with the first pay check following after the date you chose.